Always glowing and perfectly groomed, her beauty cabinet is every girls dream and has now built her own beauty empire, founder and beauty editor of Gritty Pretty, Eleanor Pendleton.
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START GRITTY PRETTY & THE BEAUTIFUL MAGAZINE?
"I launched Gritty Pretty in 2009 while I was Beauty Editor at FAMOUS magazine. What began as a creative outlet, very quickly gained traction amongst women. In 2011, I moved across to InStyle magazine as their Beauty Editor where I was no longer able to edit the website. Instead, I put Gritty Pretty on hiatus and focused on my magazine publishing career. In 2013, I decided to embark on a career in freelance beauty writing and had work published in Harper's BAZAAR, The Sydney Morning Herald and more... Equally, at the same time, I decided to relaunch Gritty Pretty which had been sitting dormant for two and a half years. After six months of freelancing, I decided to focus all of my time and energy into Gritty Pretty by giving it a new look and launching the online magazine component. I wanted Gritty Pretty to be a beauty website unlike any other out there. When I realised there was a gap in the market and that there wasn't a single digital publication dedicated to beauty out there servicing and helping educate women, I decided to launch my own. It's been a wild ride but I've loved every second of it!
YOUR BEST ADVICE FOR SUCCESS?
"Good things don't come to those who wait – they come to those who work their ass off and stay focused and grounded!"
ON YOUR DAY OFF:
"I love doing a reformer pilates or yoga class. I catch up with my girlfriends for coffee and go for walks or to the beach with my partner. I live on Sydney's northern beaches so I'm never far from the water on my days off".
YOUR EVERY DAY BEAUTY ROUTINE:
It seems extensive but I promise it only takes me 10 minutes:
1. Cleanse with SK-II Facial Treatment Cream Cleanser or Bioderma Micellar Cleansing Water.
2. Apply SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (as you would a toner) by press 2-3 drops onto skin.
3. Apply SK-II Whitening Power Spots Specialist as a serum.
4. Next, apply SK-II Stempower Eye Cream in a rotating motion around the eyes.
5. To finish, apply SK-II RNA Cream followed by MECCA To Save Face SPF 50 Sunscreen.
1. Apply Lau Mercier Hydrating Primer.
2. Mix a drop of rosehip oil into NARS Sheer Glow Foundation.
3. Apply Bobbi Brown Concealer to disguise any dark under eye circles, blemishes or pigmentation.
4. Fill in brows using Charlotte Tilbury Brow Lift.
5. Apply Bobbi Brown Cream Cheek Colour in Calypso Coral onto the apples of cheeks.
6. Follow by sweeping Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow along the cheek bones.
7. Dust CHANEL Les Beiges Healthy Glow Powder to seal makeup and focus on any areas prone to oil.
8. Next, curl lashes and coat with Benefit They're Real! Mascara.
9. To finish, apply a hydrating lip balm like Lanolips 101 Ointment in Pear or Dior Addict Lip Glow.
YOUR BEST SKIN/BEAUTY ADVICE:
There's no point eating healthily, exercising regularly, drinking plenty of water and using quality skin care products if you don't wear SPF 30+ sunscreen EVERY SINGLE DAY.
YOUR FEEL GOOD INDULGENCE:
Chocolate and red wine. I'm pretty healthy but I also love to indulge as much as the next person. My number one rule: I never feel guilt for eating something naughty. I just don't eat naughty things all the time and I make sure I exercise at least 2-3 times a week to be kind to my body. Being healthy is about keeping everything in moderation and not overindulging in something or alternatively depriving yourself of another thing.
YOUR FAVOURITE WORKOUT:
Reformer pilates, yoga and most recently, megaformer (available at Physicore).
FAVOURITE TRAVEL DESTINATION OR HOT SPOT:
Anywhere on a quiet, secluded beach.
WHAT DOES BEAUTY MEAN TO YOU?
Beauty isn't about the makeup you put on your face or the clothes you wear. It's about being unequivocally and unapologetically you. When you're completely at peace with yourself and you are not only happy but make others happy too, that is true beauty.
WOMEN YOU LOOK UP TO:
I'm inspired by female entrepreneurs, businesswomen and trailblazers like Lisa Messenger, Bahar Etminan, Julie Stevanja, Natalie Massenet, Emily Weiss, Zoe Foster Blake and Ariana Huffington.
FAVOURITE INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS:
@knightcat, @nataliemariejewellery, @harperandharley, @thecoolhunter_, @talisa_sutton, @chrissyteigen, @margaret__zhang, @oraclefoxblog and @wolfclucbwolfclub.
FOLLOW @ELEANORPENDLETON @GRITTYPRETTY