Introducing Fabienne Costa - Founder, CEO and Creative Director of YCL Jewels. We recently caught up with Fabienne and discussed beauty, business and challenges that modern women face.
WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START YOUR CAREER PATH?
"Ever since a young girl, I wanted career that not only aligned with my purpose, but that nourished me creatively and allowed me to pave a career structure that was on my own terms. I had been making jewellery since I was 13 years old, and I also felt quite called to design and create. Once I turned 21, I quit my secure job in nursing & YCL Jewels was born."
WHO HAS BEEN THE BIGGEST INFLUENCE IN YOUR LIFE?
"Watching my mother raise her two daughters on her own has given me the strength and resilience that I have today."
WHAT DOES BEAUTY MEAN TO YOU?
"I feel the most beautiful thing in the world is a kind heart."
YOUR BEST PIECE OF ADVICE FOR YOUNG GIRLS/WOMEN
"To impart onto young women, the fact that they are worthy, they are capable, and they do not need to conform to society's standards to achieve their dreams."
WHAT DO YOU THINK IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST CHALLENGES TODAY FOR WOMEN?
"I believe that the modern day women feel they need to do it all, and be it all: they feel they need to be the successful working woman, the nurturing mother, the loving wife, and the supportive daughter and sister. This is not only burning women out, it is also placing an unrealistic expectation on them, especially when they look up to and compare themselves to an ‘idealistic’ life they see on social media."
THE BEST PIECE OF ADVICE YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN
"Authenticity breeds abundance."
IS THERE ANY WOMAN YOU LOOK UP TO
"I look up to women that have created incredible careers whilst still maintaining a healthy balance with their life & self care."
ON YOUR DAY OFF
"I am usually in my garden reading, at the beach, eating something delicious down in Byron Bay, NSW, or designing amongst crystals & my animals."
YOUR DAILY BEAUTY ROUTINE
"I use all organic natural skincare products, & my skincare regime consists of me cleansing morning & night, misting my face with rose water as it work wonders for the skin & the aromatherapy infuses love into the ritual. In the morning I will then moisturise with Erica Brooke Skincare products, & at night will apply a rose oil & then moisturise over the top of that."
YOUR BEAUTY/SKINCARE ADVICE
"Cleanse morning & night, never sleep with your make-up on, drink eat least 2L of water everyday. I also find that not wearing make-up allows my skin to breathe, so during my working week you will usually find me bare-faced, with a hint of RMS Living Luminizer for a little glow."
YOUR FEEL GOOD INDULGENCE
"An Iced Long-black with maple syrup, for sure."
YOUR FAVOURITE DESTINATION OR HOT SPOT
YCL JEWELS CREATES SOPHISTICATED, MINIMALISTIC JEWELLERY FOR THE MODERN & MYSTIC WOMAN.
Each & every piece of YCL is designed by CEO + Creative Director Fabienne, whom also hand-makes 70% of YCL's treasures in YCL's Gold Coast-based studio. She has been making jewellery for over 10 years & with no professional training, is completely self-taught. The other 30% of YCL treasures are ethically crafted in India, where Fabienne travels frequently to work with her team over there.
LIKE THIS STORY? SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS...